Distracted driver: The facts
Hear Professor Steve Stradling’s reasons why it’s impossible to drive safely when you’re distracted.
10 things you should never do when you’re driving:
- Listen to really loud music
- Eat an apple
- Fix your hair
- Have an argument
- Use your phone
- Put on make-up
- Program your sat-nav
- Take off your jumper
- Reach to the back seat
- Drink a hot drink without a secure lid
Activity: Two things
- Look at the ‘Two things’ flyer and see how difficult it is to read two things at once.
- Now make up two short sentences: one about driving and another about being distracted in the car.
- Design your own sign – interweaving both sentences. Choose two strong opposing colours for each sentence.