When you’re driving on country roads is important you expect the unexpected.
- Country roads account for over half of all fatalities on Scotland’s roads.
- In 2016, 789 people were killed or seriously injured on country roads – and two thirds of them were men.
- Half of all drivers killed or seriously injured on country roads are aged 22-49.
What to look out for:
- Animals on the road (e.g. Sheep or horses).
- Inclement weather (e.g. Leaving lots of water or ice on the road).
- Slow or reversing agricultural vehicles.
- Sharp bends and blind summits.
- People walking on the road.