- 888 cyclists were injured on the roads in Scotland in 2014.
- Most accidents occurred on built up roads.
Most accidents occur on built up roads.
Cycling has lots of benefits. Here’s how to stay safe on the road:
- Be aware of other road users.
- Be seen. Wear appropriate clothing and ensure you bike has the right reflectors and lights.
- Follow the Highway Code. Don’t jump red lights and don’t cycle on the pavement unless it’s a designated cycle path.
- A properly fitted helmet may protect your head if you do have an accident.
Cycling Scotland provides training and information to help improve cyclists' safety.