There’s a huge list of ways to encourage people to walk to school. Here are just a few:
- Walking buses – this is just like a normal bus to school, but everyone walks.
- Bike parking – a shelter, bike racks, or bike lockers.
- Walking distance maps – these are maps that show how far things are in minutes of walking instead of miles or meters.
- Park and strides – this is when you get dropped off away from school and have to walk the last bit.
Activity: Get more people to walk to school
Solo, in pairs, or in groups write down:
- How could you persuade more people in the class to walk to school?
- Two benefits of walking to school.