About little books for home
‘Go Safe with Ziggy!’ is Scotland’s road safety learning resource for early level learning developed by Road Safety Scotland.
This resource includes little storybooks for home, available in English and Gaelic. These can be ordered by Early Learning and Childcare centres in Scotland by completing the order form posted out to all centres late August/early September. A copy of this form is available for download, for ordering any additional books needed throughout the school year.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
For Primary 1 classes: all primary schools in Scotland will be sent an order form for ‘Ziggy’s Sports Day’ at the end of February 2020.
Road safety themes
Across all stories
- Holding hands
- Safe places to cross
- Stopping and waiting
- Looking and listening for traffic
- Being seen
- Safety in the car
- Playing safely
More Es&Os can be found here.
- I am learning to assess risk, to protect myself and others, and to reduce the potential for harm where possible. HWB 0-6a
- I listen or watch for useful or interesting information and I use this to make choices or learn new things. LIT 0-04a
- I know and can demonstrate how to travel safely. HWB 0-18a
- In movement games and using technology I can use simple directions and describe positions. MTH 0-17a
- In everyday activity and play, I explore and make choices to develop my learning and interests. I am encouraged to use and share my experiences. HWB 0-19a
- I use drama to explore real and imaginary situations, helping me to understand my world. EXA 0-14a
- By exploring my local community, I have discovered the different roles people play and how they can help. SOC 0-16a